Toddler Dancers (Sweet Pea Program):
Little Movers: Comfortable clothing. Pink leather ballet shoes are optional
Storybook Ballet /Tap: Solid colored leotard and pink tights for girls. Skirts are optional. Pink leather ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Comfortable clothing and black ballet and tap shoes for boys.
Storybook Jazz/Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing for boys and girls.
Creative Ballet/Hip Hop/Rainbow Rider Combo: Comfortable clothing for boys. Leotards are recommended for girls. Pink leather ballet shoes are optional for girls. Clean sneakers are optional for hip hop combo. Footless tights only (for safety in the gym).
Youth and Teen Dancers (Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Violet, Rose Programs):
Ballet/Tap Combo: Black leotard and pink footed tights. Pink leather ballet shoes and black tap shoes. Black or pink skirts are optional. Boys- Comfortable movement clothing. Black ballet shoes and tap shoes.
Ballet/Gym Combo: Solid color leotard. Footless or convertible pink tights. Skirts are optional. Pink full sole leather ballet shoes are recommended.
Contemporary/Ballet Combo: Black leotard with optional solid color tank top. Pink tights, black leggings or black or pink skirt. Bare feet. Full sole, leather, pink ballet shoes are optional.
Contemporary/Jazz Combo: Black jazz pant/capri. Solid color tank or top. Bare feet for Daisy level. Black jazz shoes and bare feet for Lilac, Violet and Rose levels.
Jazz/Hip Hop Combo: Black jazz pant/capri. Solid color tank or top. Barefoot or black jazz shoes for jazz. Clean sneakers for hip hop.
Jazz/Hip Hop/Gymnastics Combo: Black jazz pant/capri. Solid color tank or top with leotard recommended for gym. Barefoot or black jazz shoes for jazz. Clean sneakers for hip hop.
Ballet: Black leotard and pink footed tights. Full sole, leather, pink ballet shoes. Black or pink skirts are optional.
Musical Theatre: Black jazz pant/capri/short. Solid color tank top. Black jazz shoes.
Jazz: Black jazz pant/capri/short. Solid color tank top. Black jazz shoes.
Contemporary/Modern: Black jazz pant/capri. Solid color fitted tank or top. Bare feet.
Hip Hop/Breakin’: Comfortable clothing (no jeans) and clean sneakers.
Tap: Black jazz pant/capri. Solid color tank or top. Black tap shoes (oxford style for lilac, violet, rose programs).
Please use the attire requirements above as a guideline but, in general, choose fitted movement clothing and appropriate footwear.
*Dance attire can be purchased at Boulder Body Wear, located at 95th and Arapahoe. Mention MCDA (Mtn Kids) to receive a 15% discount on our class attire/shoes. www.boulderbodywear.com
1. Please arrive on time (we recommend arriving 5 minutes before class begins to prepare)
2. Always wear appropriate attire/footwear for your class. We also recommend a water bottle.
3. Hair should be pulled back (bun for ballet classes) and all jewelry should be removed.
4. Wait for instructor’s permission to enter the dance studio.
5. Be respectful, supportive and caring to your peers and your instructor.
6. Ask your instructor before leaving the classroom (restroom, water break, etc.)
7. Parents may observe class from outside the studio. In studio observation is allowed during Winterfest and Springfest performances.
8. We ask that parents of toddler dancers assist their dancer for shoe changes and restroom trips