Covid guidelines – Updated 6/2/2021
We have established guidelines to do our very best to keep our families and students safe. However, there will always be an inherent risk when participating in any activity. We ask that you register for classes only if you are 100% comfortable with our policies and procedures outlined below.
Mountain Kids/MCDA will operate on the following principles and guidelines. We reserve the right to adapt and change these based on new information/guidelines provided to us by National, State and Local Governments. We commit to using the best information available at the time for all decision making purposes.
Level Clear Overview:
- Please complete a passive health screen at home before bringing your student to class.
- Please adhere to our 100% wellness policy.
- We continue to encourage curbside drop off/pick-up. Pick-up will continue to be at the South Entrance (facing boxelder).
- We are happy to offer limited viewing – one parent per student please.
- We will continue to focus on hand hygiene upon arrival and before leaving the facility.
- Face masks are optional for fully vaccinated adults, students and staff members. Face masks for students are optional and we empower parents to make the decision regarding face masks for their student.
- We reserve the right to move to a reservation system if we observe our lobby becoming too crowded.
- We encourage one way traffic through our parking lot : Entering from our WEST ENTRANCE FROM TAYLOR AVE. and Exiting at our SOUTH DRIVE TO BOXELDER. See Map
Continuation of previous safety and health guidelines:
- Adhering to a 100% well policy for students and families attending class. Students or families exhibiting a cough or other respiratory symptoms along with a fever should stay home. Students arriving for class exhibiting signs of illness will be asked to go home. Virtual classes will be available for all make-ups. CDPHE “Can I go to school today?
- We will no longer require an active health screen. We do ask that you perform a passive health screen each day before arriving to class. Should your student exhibit any signs of illness, please keep them home.
- Increased disinfecting high touch and common areas between all class times.
- Continued disinfecting of equipment before and after classes.
- Faculty will continue to remind and assist with hand washing before and after.
- Faculty must stay home if feeling sick or showing any flu/cold-like symptoms. Faculty must wash hands upon arrival, between classes, and prior to leaving the facility.
- Frequency and rigor of equipment cleaning and disinfecting will continue by both our faculty and our nightly professional cleaning crew.
Additional protocols include:
- Commitment to the CDPHE return to learn and contact guidance.
- Students must bring their own water bottle. Water bottles will be available to purchase onsite. We strongly encourage using reusable water bottles filled at home. Water bottles left in the facility will be held for one week and then recycled.
Here’s how you can help:
- Remind your student to wash their hands upon arrival at the facility before class and again after class. At this time we will have a staff member available prior to each class to sanitize hands prior to entering the building.
- Respect our 100% well policy. Stay at home and away from others when sick.
- Stay home when others are exhibiting illness in your household
- Stay home if you have a pending test in your household
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces at home.
- Follow guidelines for public safety provided by local agencies.
- Tuition is prorated based on your start date and debited monthly. Tuition will remain consistent each month. You will not pay more for longer months, nor less for shorter months.
- Your monthly tuition is debited on the 16th of each month for the coming month. ie: October tuition, debited on Sept.16th.
- On Demand programming is available for make-ups, holiday closures or natural breaks in our schedule.
- Missed classes are not eligible for a tuition credit or refund for any reason. We kindly ask families to utilize our on demand library should they be required to isolate or quarantine.
- In the event of a new stay at home order all programming will pivot to virtual learning.